Today I am thankful for –
- dappled light filtering through the colors of changing leaves;
- silence that catches me by surprise when I pause my frenzied pace;
- the absolute goodness of God;
- the assurance of God’s grace;
- the certainty that God remains in control;
- the “off” switch on the television;
- the first laugh of a baby;
- the sweet juice of an orange fresh off the tree;
- joy that flows over the rocks of circumstance and bubbles up in my soul;
- God’s great faithfulness;
- a good cup of coffee;
- eyes that can see the color of dawn and the brilliance of sunset;
- God’s steadfast love;
- hope that reaches beyond this life;
- the ability to read God’s Word;
- pansies blooming outside my door;
- crisp breezes and puffy clouds;
May the praise continue every day of my life until He calls me Home!
1 Thessalonians 5:18– In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Corinthians 15:57 – But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 2:14 – Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
2 Corinthians 9:15– Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Ephesians 5: 19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Photo – Reflection, Beth Mims