God is intimately involved with His creation. Psalm 104 tells us this.
The rhythms of life that we observe were planned and created by Him. From the foundation of the Earth to the heavens above and to the smallest particle of life in the deepest ocean, God’s intricate design and care are evident.
He designed the seasons and the paths for the moon and stars. He conceived the instincts that guide the behavior of the animals of the forest, jungle, and desert. His ongoing care maintains the forces that support life and growth in this world.
I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. (Psalm 104:33-34)
So, what shall I praise God for today? I will praise Him for
- the green of the new growth on the oak trees;
- the rays of sunlight just topping the trees;
- the song of the cardinal ringing through the morning;
- the misty air left over from a nighttime rain;
- the smile of the toddler in my arms;
- the feel of a hand in mine;
- the ‘why’ of the child at my feet;
- the love of family stretching across the miles;
- the tiny hummingbird outside my window;
- the cluck of the chickens looking for bugs;
- the breath of the breeze in the evening.
I shall praise Him for Who He is and for His marvelous creation.
I will stand in awe of His love and care.
I will be glad in the Lord.
Psalm 104:24 O Lord, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.
Photo – Light Breaking Through, Beth Mims