In this time of confusion and panic and violence, I need to stay my mind on You. There are SO many things that I do not know, that I do not understand. My soul is shaken by the evil in this world, and I am hard pressed to know what to do.
But, Father, I know You, and You are able to keep and to sustain and to strengthen and to guide.
Today, I want to focus on what I know.
I know that
- You ARE love. You don’t just love; love is the very essence of Your being. Nothing that You do is outside of love. I John 4:16
- You ARE good. I can trust that Your operating parameters are always in the light and in the good. It is Who You are. Romans 2:4
- You love me. I am secure in Your love. You demonstrated it on the cross, and I live in it every day. Romans 5:8
- You are Creator. This world is here because You brought it into existence. I am here because You brought me into existence. You don’t make mistakes. Isaiah 40:28
- You are faithful. You have kept me, and You will continue to work and sustain. Deuteronomy 7:9
- You are able to keep and settle me. I can trust Your saving power and Your keeping power. II Thessalonians 3:3
- The darkness in this world is not You. It may shout Your name and point fingers at Your people, but this is because it hates You, the Light. John 3:19; John 8:12
- You alone are God. There is no one else who can rule and manage this creation. There is no one else who can provide light in the darkness. The people of this world may jockey for Your position, but You alone are in charge, and You alone will determine the outcome. Psalm 100:3
I could go on, Father. You are Truth. You are Light. You are my Refuge. You are the only Way…
Fill my heart today with who You are, so that all that I see will be seen through the filter of Your omnipotence and all that I do will radiate Your truth, Your grace, and Your mercy.
There is work to be done today, Lord. Please cleanse my thoughts and guard my heart to make sure that it is Your work I am doing.
Thank You for allowing Your word to settle my soul!
I love You, Lord.
Psalm 18:20 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.