The psalmist recites the history of Israel in Psalm 78. (It is a great read!) Their up and down, back and forth relationship with God is plainly told.
For the children!
Look at verse four.
- Don’t hide the message from the children.
- Show them the praises of the Lord, and His strength, and His wonderful works.
- Make known His testimony and law.
Verses five and six tell us that God commanded this teaching so the children
- might set their hope in God;
- would not forget the works of God;
- would keep His commandments;
- would not repeat the sins and mistakes of their fathers.
There was a mission to teach and to tell – for the children!
We are still bound by this mission today. Our children are watching our lives; they are listening to our words.
Live the Truth!
Tell the Truth!
Display the Truth!
Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. 6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: 7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.