Good Morning Father,
Thank You for a good night’s sleep. Than You for a hot shower and a good cup of coffee. Thank You for the sound of the chimes as the wind teases them outside my door.
Thank You for Your word. Thank You for You.
My heart and mind feel jumbled this morning, Father. Sometimes the conflict in the world wears on my soul.
There are some things (all things) with which I need Your help.
- – to not allow thoughtless and unkind remarks and actions of others to live in my heart and mind;
- – to focus on the good and the positive and the righteous;
- – to recognize and discern between the evil and the good, the truth and the lie;
- – to guard my lips and my heart;
- – to value what You value: truth, people, love, grace, mercy.
Fill my heart, so that I can leak out Your love and grace today.
I love You, Lord, and I am so depending on You to get me through this day.
Psalm 5:3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Psalm 59:16 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble.